Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Love unrequited

I've been in a melancholy mood for a while now. Please bear with all my blue posts. This will be the last one. I determine to write brighter stuff henceforth. The inspiration for this poem came to me in a flash. No idea why...

These feelings that I give unto you
were not begot in a day or two.
The first was when we met as friends
Since then I find there seems no end.
Out of control they overwhelm me
deciding my happiness and my sorrow, deciding who I'll be.
The worst part is yet to come,
of these feelings I know, naught can be done.
For my friend, my love, you who understands me
cannot, these feelings return I see.
I know, I understand and I respect,
your decision final and correct.
For two more mismatched people I do not know.
You the ocean and I the shore.
But these feelings, confound them, they overwhelm me
deciding my happiness and my sorrow, deciding who I'll be.

No comments: